Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gear Review: ModTone Aqua Chorus II

I recently received the ModTone Aqua Chorus II hoping it would replace my Danelectro FAB pedal. The flier stated that it has vintage chorus sound and great leslie effect. I hooked it up to my Fender Blues JR II playing my Silvertone 63. I was hoping for a really wet and wacky sound, but all I got was a very soft, gentle chorus effect. No matter how far the I turned the knobs, it would reciprocate with a gentle chorus or rotating leslie. I believe this is because the pedal only offers two knobs: Rate and Depth. No mix or tone knobs limit its capabilities. That said, the sound is fine for a simple chorus: safe and normal. If that's all you want, I am not sure why you wouldn't just pickup the Boss Chorus which can probably be found used anywhere on the planet for cheap, and it has stereo and more controls; but if you must have "boutique" this one is a good one to go with. It keeps it simple. Sometimes that is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment